Last week was our Blockchain Developers Meetup 12th gathering which made it our meetup’s birthday.
We’ve been organizing this meetup for a year now, and we wanted to dedicate this meetup for you – our community.
That’s why we named it
whoami && man myproject (linux/unix guys will understand me) to give the stage to all the cool people in our community to share whatever they want to share to the rest – what brought them to the blockchain space, what project are they currently BUIDLing or working on or what is their next blockchain adventure. We wanted to have an event that will celebrate the growth of our community, and bring value for those participating in it. So we decided to gather in a casual meetup with more social interaction and networking.
It was party time, and parties are always much more fun with more people, so this time we decided we had a joint event together with Sofia Crypto Meetup.
It is vacations season but still, we counted more than 30+ people, which made it a great first-year birthday. Thank you and thank our great host from Networking Premium Coworking spaces which were not only hosting us but prepared balloons and decoration for the party.
P.S. Its not a developers meetup without pizzas, chips, beers, and pickles.
And last but not least, as promised at the event opening, I’m sharing a list of blockchain developers news and updates for the month:
Blockchain Developers Digest
- Ethereum 4 years birthday – the anniversary of the genesis block
- Client releases
- Geth v1.9.1
- Ethereum on ARM: new NanoPC-T4 and Raspberry Pi images with new supported devices and Prysmatic Eth2 client and VIPnode support
- Developers related
- Solidity’s SMTchecker now supports multi-transaction checks and unbounded loops
- web3js stable release. Breaking changes go into v2
- Truffle v5.0.29 with stable web3js
- Vyper v0.1.0-beta.11
- Provable (Oraclize) OpenZeppelin starter kit. Previously Zepkit, Zeppelin is rebranding all products under OpenZeppelin.
- Turn any deployed Eth code into a REST API from Fabrx
- MetaMask Mobile is out in beta
- ProgPoW is back into Istanbul (pending audit results) because the audit is back on.
- Ropsten Istanbul fork now scheduled for September 4th.
- Waellet now supports fungible tokens
- Aeternity SDK JS v4.2.0 update
- Base-app mobile – fixes and improvements
- ForgAE – shape and more.
Also published on Medium.