0x0b. Building Decentralized Autonomous Organizations [Blockchain Dev Meetup]
What you’ve missed on our last meetup?
Last week we had the eleventh Blockchain Developers Meetup in Sofia.
As usual we had our news digest right after the begining. This time we had lots of blockchain development news to cover both from Ethereum space as well as Aeternity ecosystem and last but not least the announcement of Facebook’s Libra.
Here are few of the news that we talked about:
Ethereum – Development News
- Phonon Network: scalable, private payment system using Grid+’s SafeCards.
- EthereumJS VM v4-beta a rewrite in TypeScript
- Gas exactimation in Ganache
- Cloudflare’s Ethereum Gateway
- Ethereum Foundation joins Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Final: EIP1155 Multi token standard
- Connext to release single-node v2.0 on Counterfactual in July, followed by multihop in Q3
- Facebook’s Libra got announced this week.
Aeternity – Development News
- Waellet – released new v0.0.5 version beta
- Base-aepp accessible on mobile
- Aepp-SDK-JS – new version v4.1.0
- ForgAE released v2.0.1
- State channels development
Building Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs)
This time we had Maya Zhecheva from the Comrade Cooperative introducing us in Cosmos and Tendermint – based on her experience with leading the development of the Wetonomy and StrongForce projects.
Wetonomy offers a new economic model for balancing capital and labor in any kind of organizationwetonomy.com
Maya introduced us to the Wetonomy project and talked about how they’ve developed on top of Cosmos and Tendermint. She explained how the technology works and what is the communication flow and structure.
Inter-blockchain communication protocol
Cosmos is an upcoming modular framework and Tendermint-based blockchain platform designed as an ecosystem for application-specific blockchains to plug into. Cosmos is designed around the concept of standardizing communication between various blockchains that are part of its broader ecosystem to facilitate interoperability.
- makes blockchains powerful and easy to develop with Tendermint
BFT and the modularity of the Cosmos SDK.
- enables blockchains to transfer value with each other through IBC and Peg-Zones, while letting them retain their sovereignty.
- allows blockchain applications to scale to millions of users through horizontal and vertical scalability solutions.
The discussion formed around during Maya’s presentation was good and lots of opinions were exchanged and commented on.
Video recording here:
- Milen’s blockchain development news digest
- Maya’s presentation on Cosmos, Tendermint, Wetonomy and StrongForce
Also published on Medium.