Yesterday we had our 7th Blockchain Developers Meetup this time dedicated to
For those of you who couldn’t attend or miss it – here is a brief summary of what we discussed and what we covered, also all of the resources.
Blockchain developers digest
As usual we’ve started our meetup with an overview of the blockchain ecosystem from the developers perspective.
Hristo walked us
- Ethereum Hard Fork – Constantinople and Petersburg
- Aeternity Minerva Protocol Update Release
- Bitcoin BIP174 – Partially Signed Bitcoin Transaction (PSBT)
- LeapDAO MVP /More Viable Plasma/
- Baidu Blockchain Engine (BBE) Platform
- WeiDex Developments
After the blockchain developers news digest, it was time to step into Sophia ML.
Sophia ML presentation
Milen covered the specifications of the language, showing a simple smart contract, and talking about the different types and built-in functions we have in Sophia.
He talked about what
For the workshop part, Milen had prepared an Auction smart contract both in Solidity and in Sophia and walked us through every single detail, explaining and comparing the two of them.
The auction had functions for placing a bid, refunding losing bids, withdrawing the winning bid by the owner of the auction and a function to cancel the auction.
Milen covered the syntax specifics of the Sophia Language. Function definitions and how can we create ourselves helper functions to use as modifiers and more.
The whole code you can get from the
Watch the recording here:
- Hristo’s presentation – blockchain developers digest
- Milen’s presentation –
- Github repo of the workshop’s project – Auction
- Sophia specification/documentation
- Sophia Visual Studio Code syntax highlighter extension
- Video recording of the meetup
Also published on Medium.